Monday, July 6, 2009

It's all about timing!

4th of July. I am not sure why but, it is my one of my favorite holidays. I love the patriotism. The celebration of our country. To me, it captures the essence of summer! Cookouts, family, watermelon, country music, picnics, pools, and my favorite...FIREWORKS! This years' 4th of July was simple and sweet. Small town parade, shooting range, good food, and quality time with my husband.

I took advantage of practicing with my new camera and captured several shots of the fireworks. Some came out well, while others were quickly deleted. In taking pictures of moving objects, I have learned it is all about timing. In this case, it was best for me to click the picture when I heard the boom of the fireworks, rather than seeing them. I also learned that when you have autofocus in a dark night sky, with the only lit object moving, it takes some practice to get the timing just right.



These shots were taken using the Tv setting on my camera. The best pictures were taken using a 1/5 shutter speed. I found that if a used a Av setting in a dark night sky, the shutter speed was much slower...which means I had to hold the camera extremely still for a decent shot.

2 comments:

  1. Tara, you are so cute. i love that you are taking pictures! I'm hoping to get a good camera before the baby comes! yay for pictures! love you and love your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that comment was from me--Stacy. I didn't mean to post from campus ministries.

    ReplyDelete